Friday, January 16, 2009

Maybe I Should Be Teaching Technology

One of the classes I teach at school is Technology. This is said tongue-in-cheek, as is the fact that some of my co-workers come to me as the technology expert. I am probably one of the least technologically advance people my age that I know.

But today as I went to the library and managed to get my laptop connected with their Wi-Fi, I had a great feeling of accomplishment as I managed to do it on my own without asking anyone for help - plus it only took me a few minutes. Now many of you are thinking, How stupid is she?

Very stupid, I admit it (I just spent the last ten minutes laughing with a friend because I thought a school reunion was on a whole different continent than it was). Until today I had never really cared about trying to reach the internet from anywhere but school. And to be factual, my computer plugs into the network connection at school. I have only used the Wi-Fi access once on my computer - the other week when I was at the other school site. So, with this said, this is pretty impressive, but also really sad since I got the wireless blocker taken off my computer back in October - I have been pretty busy.

Well, wherever you are, enjoy your technology and hopefully more warmth than we have here in Wisconsin (I mean two cold days in a row, I am going to go crazy!)

No comments: