Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Newborn

I held a newborn baby yesterday. I haven't had a ton of experience with newborns. To be honest, they scare me a little bit, they are so tiny and fragile and mysterious. Plus, I really don't think babies like me that much.

She was adorable though, I couldn't believe that less than 24 hours before she was still in her mommy's tummy. The thing that was really amazing is I visited with one of my friends who had a baby in April. Her little girl was crawling around, pulling herself up to a standing position, and just looking wide-eyed at the baby. How can all that happen in less than a year? It is miraculous.

2 comments:

Jill Phillips said...

Hi Al,
Let me assure you that your new little nephew will adore you! He is one lucky little guy to be getting you as an aunt (his parents aren't half bad either). Make sure to spoil him and leave his parents to undo the damage. Enjoy! -Jilly

Anonymous said...

basically, nieces and nephews are the best