Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Day - By Lucky Diamond




Auntie Alli has been a slacker and hasn't been blogging.  Thus, I guess I have to use my little paws and write about what I have been doing.  Auntie Alli came on Saturday.  The very first thing  I did when I saw her was start crying and give her tons of kisses.  I even kissed her before sticking my nose towards the cinnamon rolls she had in her other hand, rather noble of me I thought.
So, I have been playing a fun game with Auntie Alli.  Every morning between 5:30 and 6:30 I come to see her.  The first day she wasn't prepared for my visit, so she left her door closed.  There was nothing I could do but cry outside her door until she let me in for kisses.  She got smarter and started leaving her door open for my morning visits.  Now all I do is lean up beside her bed and she drags herself somewhat out of her stupor so that she can crawl to the side of her bed for kisses.  Then, she has been lifting me into bed (while she nearly falls out!) so we can take a morning nap.  The funny thing is, I can get into bed on my own, but I have been acting like I can't so she picks me up!  I am so sneaky, but she figured it out, so now I have to jump up or at least try a couple of times before she picks me up.
But I got away with my story, I wanted to tell you what I did yesterday.  My special bonding time with Mommy has always been while she is cooking.  We really bond while she is in the kitchen.  Plus, if she drops something, I can be a good little helper by cleaning it up.  I am willing to do my part.  Well, yesterday while she was cooking we weren't bonding.  She was busy making Indian food, and Aunt Alli was talking to the little one like Mommy does, telling him that he has a little butt, and that he is so cute.  
What the heck!?!  I am the cute one with the little butt, so maybe I am carrying my winter weight and my butt isn't the chicken butt it used to be.  But Mommy and Daddy don't take me on as many walks, and I am an emotional eater, regardless of the emotion.  But what got me really mad was that Auntie Alli is so impressed with what Derek does.  I do more than that little melon head - all he does he eat, sleep and occasionally poop, actually, I think we do about the same amount, but I have been here longer!  It's not like he can walk or anything.  Mommy says we are going to be great friends, I don't know, he is no Marty.
But again, I got sidetracked.  So, Mommy was cooking and not letting me help, so I decided I would help clean up while showing her that I could do more than Derek.  So I jumped.  I easily got the frozen garlic naan that was on the counter.  I then showed Mommy how fast I can move - Derek can't even roll over yet - although Auntie Alli does tell him that she will give him a dollar if he rolls over while she is here.  She has never given me a dollar, I really don't know what a dollar is, but that isn't the point.  Run, run, run while I munch, munch, munch.  I heard Mommy calling Auntie Alli to help, but she had Derek in her arms, I knew that I could outwit and outrun them easily.  So, I ate the whole piece of frozen naan.  Mommy and Auntie Alli were a little annoyed, but they were still laughing, affectionately calling me the little devil.  They decided not to tell Daddy (he doesn't find my athletic helping as cute), but I was really proud, so when Daddy came home, I demonstrated my feat again and took a piece of the cooked naan.  Daddy slapped my butt, and Mommy grabbed it out of my mouth.  This time when the word little devil was used, it wasn't as kind.  It kind of hurt, like the expanding naan in my tummy.  All night I had to take it easy, I might have overdone it with having that extra bite of naan.  

I included a picture of me after the naan, as you can see, I am trying to stretch out to accommodate the naan while trying to not succumb to the naan coma.    I also included one of me rolled over, and Derek not rolling over.

No comments: